Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Unable to send/receive in OE 6

• Please log in to reply

tkrause777

tkrause777

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
:whistling: HELP
I am unable to send/recieve messages in OE version 6.
Error message is as follows...

The connection to the server has failed. Account: mail.yourdomain.com', Server: 'mail.comcast.net, Protocol: POP3,
Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCCOE

I have contacted Comcast and confirmed all settings are correct!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This error is normally a temporary provider problem which will normally go away during offpeak periods.

Alternatively this can be caused by your trying to send an email through a provider when you're not connected to that provider.

Edited by Neil Jones, 22 August 2007 - 05:55 PM.

tkrause777

tkrause777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
hmmmm
You are good! :help: For whatever reason, just NOW, I am able to send and receive. :blink:

I looked for this error code online and it says saomething about a possible virus. I can tell you everytime I closed OE, it would suggest I compact messages. I tried to change setting for this, but directions online refer me to click a box that does not exist under Maintence. :whistling: I chose to compact messages anyway.
What causes OE to suggest compactig messages? It's not as if I had THAT MANY e-mails in my account so I thought it strange that this came up.

Question for ay, then I'll leave you alone...
I am working on a laptop with a wireless connection from "someone" who I don't know. My question is I have internet here at home, what can I do to pick up from our connection (not wireless) here at home rather than some random connection.

You ARE my Hero!
Thanx again!

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
By default, OE will want to compact messages every 100 times you close the program. This is by design.

To use your own internet connection, you will need to buy a router and a wireless card for your laptop.
Johanna