Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Please Help Me?!?!

• Please log in to reply

LX Lethal Effect

LX Lethal Effect

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi there...

I hope someone on here can help me out!
I have my mum's old pc (which is fairly decent spec, just she can't use it...) anyway, every program i load up eventually crashes me out, and all i get is a message like this...
''firefox.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on may be lost''

sometimes, the pc even just shuts itself down, it sounds like its still on, but my screen just goes black!

Please help me! i have no idea what to do?!?!

Cheers in advance,

LX

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Do you always get the same identical mesaage (firefox.exe ....) or does it differ according to the application you try to open?

Does it always happen or only from time to time.

Please boot the computer in safe mode (by tapping F8 immediately after pressing the power button) and see if you can open applications in this mode.

LX Lethal Effect

LX Lethal Effect

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Do you always get the same identical mesaage (firefox.exe ....) or does it differ according to the application you try to open?

Does it always happen or only from time to time.

Please boot the computer in safe mode (by tapping F8 immediately after pressing the power button) and see if you can open applications in this mode.

It doesn't always read firefox...it is what ever app i am using at the time.
It still happens in safe mode as well...

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
If you have the original XP installation cd insert it into the drive and click: Start > Run. Type: sfc /scannow and let the process run to the end. If you don't have the disk you may borrow one which should be of the same version that is installed (Xp home, XP professional etc.)