Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Windows will not boot quickly

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello! I have Windows XP Home and whenever I turn the computer off and try to turn in on it literally takes 10 minutes for the computer to completely load. I do not have the XP CD to reinstall. When I boot in safe mode, the system operates very quickly. Can anyone please help me?

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Hi there,

Welcome to geeks to go. First thing to do is to get your start up items right - can you please click on start and then run and type into the box msconfig - and hit enter - when the system config box opens up - click on the start up tab and click on disable all - once done put back any essential services (only firewall and antivirus are essential at this point) - then click apply. You will be prompted to restart - do so.

At restart you'll be greeted with a little box that has a tick option, put a tick in the box and say ok.

Please let me know if that has solved your issues - if not we'll delve deeper for you.