Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

RAM Upgrade

• Please log in to reply

shayabreen

shayabreen

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
at the moment i have a compaq presario
i think it has 512 MB RAM (when i checked in my computer properties it said 2.50 GB RAM, i dunno how that could be true!!!)
however my comp runs kinda slow at times and games tend to lag a little, so i was thinking of an upgrade to about 1 GB 1.5 GB...
is it possible i could do this myself??
also how would i know which type of RAM i have, last time i upgraded my other computer there are differen't types of RAM stick that could be put in or something...

thanks

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
go to www.crucial.com and either run their ram scanning tool (checks what you have and what you can have) or put in your computer's make and model and it will tell you how much of what kind of ram you can get....they'll also offer to sell you decent quality ram

shayabreen

shayabreen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
thanks alot!!!

my hero :whistling:

Edited by shayabreen, 23 August 2007 - 08:51 AM.