Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Could not write value CLSID

• Please log in to reply

deygoes

deygoes

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I can't get cash organizer to sync with quicken anymore. I've ran into this problem before and tried renaming file and creating new with favorable results, but this time it keeps giving me an error and saying original file restored.

Cash Organizer Version 7.23
Quicken 2005 New User Edition Release R 6
Audiovox xv 6700; Windows Mobile version 5.0; OS 5.1.195(Build 14928.2.2.0)
Microsoft Activesync 4.0

Write Error 8-26: Unknown Object CEID
Changes canceled. Original file restored.
Try to reconnect device or fix the problem item.
If the problem persists reset database on mobile device in order to restart synchronization.
Cash Organizer>Tools>File>Reset Database>

I was told to remove activesync 4.0 and upgrade to 4.5. When I try to install any activesync it gives this error:

Error. Could not write value CLSID to key \SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\{2EAF5BB1-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F}. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

Edited by deygoes, 24 August 2007 - 10:10 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
are you logged on as teh system administrator or a user with administrative privelages?

deygoes

deygoes

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Administrator of course.