Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help, help help.. 360 to PC.

• Please log in to reply

SirHuneybun

SirHuneybun

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've got Media Center 2005 Edition Update Rollback 2, and I've downlaoded the extender software. My computer is fully up to date, as is my 360. I'm using a Dynex 4-Port Ethernet router as a go-between between my modem, computer, and 360. I can connect to the internet fine on both devices and download demos and what-not, but none of these sharing things seem to work right.

On the Media Center, I followed all the steps perfectly, right up to after putting in the 8-Digit code, and it said my console could not be detected. I don't understand what I did wrong, when I run a connection test on my 360 IP Address checks out fine, as does the other one, but then under "PC Selected" it says failed instantly. Can anybody help me? I don't have any firewalls, either.

Also, I tried the Zune version of sharing the media, and it shows that there is a 360 connected, but no media is shared as my 360 doesn't pass the "PC Selected" test. Can anybody help me?

Advertisements

BeateN

BeateN

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
The built-in media center in Windows XP is, quite frankly, awful for connecting to the 360.. I spent hours trying to get mine to work... An alternative (and I would personally say MUCH better!) solution is to try out TVersity. Theres a tutorial located here on how to set it all up. Give that a shot :whistling: