Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BITS will not start

• Please log in to reply

Smos

Smos

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hello.

I have recently repaired my computer with the Windows XP disc. The disc only comes with SP1. While it was repairing these errors came up, they would say something like. "so and so" could not copy or something like that. When I clicked on cancel it would pop up with a box saying windows may not work properly if not copied. That event happened to me about 10 or more times. When it got done installing I loaded the computer and when it says "Loading Startup" It takes about 3 to 5 minutes. So once I get done waiting for that I log onto my account and when I try to download and install updates from Microsoft they fail. The error code is 0x80246008. I looked it up and it has to do with the BITS. I went to the services.msc and I went to start the BITS it said "Error 1083: The executable program that this service is configured to run does not implement the service." I have also tried to go to start - run - Regsvr32 qmgr.dll and with that a box popped up saying "qmgr.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. This file cannot be registered." Then I tried, Click Start, click Run, type Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll. And it said it loaded successfully. Even though the qmgrprxy.dll was loaded successfully I tried to start BITS again and i came up with the same error. So basically right now I am stuck and I don't know what to do. Any help would be appreciated! :whistling: Thank you in advance!

Advertisements

cmpm

cmpm

• PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
try dowloading bits from here

http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en