Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video Card Upgrade

• Please log in to reply

-_R1_-

-_R1_-

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
i wanted to upgrade my video card but i really don't know much about i wanted to buy the G force fx 5500 but i wanted to know if my computer could handle it. i have an intel pentium 4 with 2.40 ghz 503 mb of ram i'm not sure if i left anything out but anyhelp would be be appreciated

Advertisements

psp10001k

psp10001k

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Im sure it can handle it but post a link to it to make sure I am looking at the same video card you are.

-_R1_-

-_R1_-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
this is the one that i am looking at hxxp://reviews.pricegrabber.com/video-cards/m/2505977/ i wasnt sure if i could post direct links.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
That's a really old card, can you post your motherboard make/model?

Yes you can post links.

-_R1_-

-_R1_-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
if i'm looking at the right thing the model number is GLVA 845

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Download Everest Home edition and run it.

http://www.majorgeek...wnload4181.html

Once in, select the "Report" button (up the top), then when the wizard comes up, select Next, System Summary Only, Plain Text, Finish. A new page will replace the wizard, save it to file (on your desktop). Then copy/paste the top half of the text into your next reply.