Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply

Stuck24

Stuck24

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Using Outlook express version 6 Windows XP

When sending the email is

a. not being copied to the sent box and remains in the Outbox
b. this means the email is being sent several times until I delete it or copy it to another directory
c. I have checked the settings and emails are set to 'copy to sent box' when they have been sent
d. I have checked the time settings and these are correct
e. Outlook reports an error on sending but does not give further details of the nature of the error

The sent box does have 25000 items in it so I transferred them to another directory but Outlook won't let me delete the emails which have remained in the sent box

Can anyone advise on how the emails can only be sent once and transferred from the outbox to sent box? Also how to delete the emails that are in the sent box?

Thanks

Advertisements

cmpm

cmpm

• PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
Did you use the copy to your new folder or move to your new folder.
If you used copy to-delete the messages in the new folder and try the 'move to' command.
Also use the compress messages to save space command.
There is a limit on the size of folders in outlook express.
This may help.

http://www.slipstick...epair2gbpst.asp

Or google some more ideas on 'size of folders in outlook express'.