Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Lcd Monitor Need Help?

• Please log in to reply

K of diamond

K of diamond

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Well.. i dont know and i could decide where to ask this so... im sorry if this is not the right place for this...,
Well i have a Dell 24" LCD monitor, and i been trying to get this bad boy to function... okay.. this is what been
happening...

When i turn it on.. it shows pictures and everything perfectly... then about 3 seconds later.. it just shuts off... then i turn back on it does the same thing over and over.. anyone have a clue about this.. I ask and requested for a new LCD monitor... they sent me one but it was damage in shipping.. and i had to send it back..

I dont think it is my video card.. because... this is the NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX Brand new from Dell.. at least i think it is brand new haha.. well when i switch it to my old monitor.. it comes out find... but i just cant figure out how i can fix this monitor.. Dell dont want it.. and i have nothing to do this month... Any help will be greatly appreciated... Thanks...

John...

Advertisements

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
I'm guessing it is a hardware issue. But have you looked through any of the settings on the monitor or maybe on your PC that might relate to the problem? Can you still look at the settings that are on the monitor still.

K of diamond

K of diamond

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i cant even go to see the setting on the monitor.. when i click on the power button on the monitor it only last 3 seconds before it shuts off.. i try many times... to enter the setting for the monitor but after that 3 seconds it dies... or shuts off...

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
Then I am positive it is a hardware issue.