Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is my mobo confused?

• Please log in to reply

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
I didn't install it backwards, where the + sign is facing in. I just turned it upside down so the writing is upside down, with the wider side facing me. I knew it wouldn't work the other way around.

About an hour ago, I stopped the test because it was hung up on the mainboard for over 12 hours. I started the test again but unchecked mainboard, to see if everything else is ok. I'm going to let it run its course. Hopefully, everything else will be ok and we can say that it's definitely the mainboard. It's been running an analysis of my cpu for over 1/2 now, so I'm starting to worry that it might be the cpu and the mainboard.

I'll give Sandra another hour or so to let it analyze the cpu. If it doesn't. I'll uncheck the cpu and start a new test and see if it gets hung up on anything else. I like to be thorough and I don't mind waiting to see a final report. I'll let you know the results when it finishes.

Advertisements

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
I stopped the last test because Sandra was trying to analze my processors for about an hour or more. I started a new test with mainboard and processors unchecked. The test completed and each one said that it was successful.

I've tested my pc using CPU-Z and HD Tack tests. I attached the results of the HD Tack test to an earlier post. The CPU-Z test doesn't recognize my RAM in the correct slots.

Are there other tests that can be run?

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
If you ran ram and HD disk and they passed successfully then the problem is, most probably, either in the cpu or the motherboard or in both. I wouldn't replace both at the moment because it's possible that the cpu test failed because of a faulty motherboard (the opposite is also true). In most cases it's the motherboard that needs to be replaced that's why I would start there. If still no good then I would replace the cpu too.

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
Thanks for your help and advice. I appreciate it.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Our pleasure.