Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Finally Built

• Please log in to reply

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
So I finally built my computer but when I go to install Windows I do the custom advanced installation and its telling me to install drivers. I have no idea what to do. Please help. Is it drivers for my hard drive. Cause I have none.

Advertisements

fortune82

fortune82

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
hard drives dont really need drivers. most likely its the drivers for your mobo, video card, etc.

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
I was thinking the same thing. Im going to see if using the disk that my mobo came with will do anything although it says u install that stuff after windows installation. I restarted and maybe the installation will work. If not Ill come back and see if anyone can help.

fortune82

fortune82

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
just remember that as soon as windows is running, run windows update ASAP and update EVERYTHING

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Ugh still having problem. I get to the where do you want to install Windows and it doesnt find a drive. But then if I click Load Driver it shows "Boot X". Ugh why isnt my drive showing up. Maybe the cable got unplugged. I doubt it but Ill check. Otherwise I dont know what the [bleep] to do.

Found the problem. Or I think. When I looked inside my case it looked as if the hd isnt plugged in to the PSU. Ill open it up and plug it in and see if it works.

Edited by Drumbum667, 24 August 2007 - 09:22 PM.

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Are you sure you have set the drive correctly? Do you have a second hard drive? Is this and IDE or SATA hard drive?

Soorena