Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

game site conflict

• Please log in to reply

kiwichick335

kiwichick335

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
ok i need help.. i play at a game site that is large.. i myself don't have alot of trouble apart from normal lagging and boots...but i have one person who i play with who says when i come to the same room or if we try and play i boot them or there computer lags bad...or the games reset on them... is this possible for me to have that kind of affect on another player.. but he says its fine untill i load in then it all turns upside down and he cant do anything...if any one has any clues onto to how this can happen please please help me.. its driving us both nuts...
thank you kiwi

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I really wouldn't think that you could affect him in that way, maybe you could ask in the Games section of this forum if anyone has heard of it? Make sure you mention the name of the game, too. :whistling:

EDIT: Welcome to Geeks to Go! I noticed it was your first post.

Edited by ruthandtroy, 25 August 2007 - 05:30 PM.

kiwichick335

kiwichick335

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
how do i find the game section.. sorry im new here.. :whistling::

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
http://www.geekstogo.../Games-f19.html

Everything is accessible from the main menu. As soon as you log on, the forums page comes up with all the areas you're allowed to access. If you scroll all the way down, you can find many different areas (categories) to post in. Good luck! :whistling:

kiwichick335

kiwichick335

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
ty for your help and yes it was my first post lol.... friend told me about this site so im hoping i can get some kinda out come and find out what is going on.. i probably should of mentioned he used my xp disk to reformate his computer .. could that have anything to do with the conflict.. even though we are on different sides of the world

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
If he used the exact same product key then that may cause your problems. Note that this is illegal, every computer must have it's own product code for Windows.

kiwichick335

kiwichick335

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
so that could be causing the problem then.... im not sure hes registered it but i will find out... i would of t hought it would of just rejected the product code on his computer if it wouldnt work... im not sure how it all works... but is that possible and that its making our comps conflict thru the xp disks?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Not through the discs, but through the use of the same product key. I guess it is possible that the game system on the webpage is thinking that there's two of the same computer and it's getting confused, so it's cutting one out.

I strongly suggest you run a program that lets you check the product key, I find Belarc Advisor is nice and easy. Get your friend to run it as well, and then compare results. If you both have the same product key for Windows XP (It's in the results there somewhere, you'll find it!), then he will need to change the product key to his own. If he doesn't have one, he will need to purchase a legal copy of Windows to get one. And you need to be very careful about who you loan stuff to...

kiwichick335

kiwichick335

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
ok i will do that and thank you for you help.. the gaming site shouldnt be getting confused though as i can double browse even triple browse names in different games through out the site... but i will try and get him to run that code programme .. and we may get some result from that.. again ty for you help :whistling: kiwi

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

the gaming site shouldnt be getting confused though as i can double browse even triple browse names in different games through out the site

I don't think this would really have anything to do with it. No worries, keep us posted on how it's going... :whistling:

Advertisements

kiwichick335

kiwichick335

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
to be honest i dont think it is either i think its his internet connection... myself.. and i just ran that programme you suggested on my computer and mine comes out a bill of health an all good so sheesh i dunno.. pogo also doesnt have the best servers.. too many people on at a time and there servers arnt that big... also dial up hates that game site but i needed a second opionon on it all... thanks for taking the time to even answer my questions i really do aprreciate that....
have a good night :whistling: kiwi

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
No worries, it's not about the bill of health, it's about the Windows product key, remember? Get him to do the same, and if you have the same product key, then I would reckon that's your problem.

kiwichick335

kiwichick335

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
me again so sorry.. i spoke to him he said he never used the product key when he installed the disk.. hes not registered it.. so i guess it must be something else.. back to sqaure one i guess grrrrrr lol

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
He would have had to use a product key to install the operating system. A legitimate version of Windows XP will not let you install until you enter a product key. Is this a legitimate version of Windows XP?

kiwichick335

kiwichick335

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
yes its legit,, its my disks i got when i purchased my pc.... i guess i should never of let him use it i guess but i felt sorry for him... and thought it would help my mistake.....