Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cant adjust desktop size to full screen

• Please log in to reply

ekikos

ekikos

• PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
hi,

im using windowa xp sp2. for some reason my screen size haz change to a smaller size and now it does not fill up the entire screen. i tried changing the resolution but it still doesnt fill up the screen. how can i make it so it will fit my screen size??

thanks

Advertisements

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
After opening Display Properties either from the Control Panel or a right click of the Desktop, select the Desktop tab. Here you will find a very small drop-down menu box at the right near the bottom titled "Position." Try selecting the option for Stretch. This will often do the trick.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
If 1101doc's trick doesn't work, it might be something that needs to be adjusted on your monitor. Look for a menu button on your screen and adjust things that way. You would want to look for a) Auto Setup function, or b) vertical and horizontal adjustments.

ekikos

ekikos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
at the display tab it is set up for strech already. where can i find a menu were i can adjust the monitor as you suggested?

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
it depends, if you have flat screen monitor its PROBABLY on the side, if not on the front, if you have a CRT monitor (the big kind) it probably on the bottom front near the power button. Play around with the settings until you like the result.

-OCM770-

Russell CCM

Russell CCM

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help regarding my screen display properties. I run a Dell computer on Windows XP. Currently the quality of the display is very poor, font is large, pictures and video don't display in the best colour and clarity and if I try to change this in properties, it will not give me the option to increase it! Its driving me nuts and I can't sort it! Please see the example below! Please can someone help, it won't let me change anything!!

Russ.

Attached Thumbnails

• poor_screen_res_1.JPG

nic777

nic777

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Ok, that is a driver issure you got there. What i want you to do if you can, EDIT: i see russel has hijacked you ekikos..this is for russ
1.Right click my computer
2.Select properties
3.Select The hardware tab that the top
4.Choose Device management
Display adapters should have a minus sign meaning it's open...and there should be a Yello Exlamation point there, OR at unknown devices down lower...look for any exlamation point signs. Please get back to me asap on what you see

Edited by nic777, 13 April 2008 - 07:26 AM.

Russell CCM

Russell CCM

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi there,

Thanks for helping. Please see attached screen print. Does not seem to be any exlamation points??? Any ideas?

Regards

Russ.

Attached Thumbnails

• display_2.JPG