Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

poll creating software

• Please log in to reply

jakhall

jakhall

• Pip
  • 2 posts
G'day from Australia!
I have a website for my local soccer team and want to include a poll for voting for 'player of the week' etc.
Rather than use one of the 'free' polls from the net (nothing's free!) or pay $10 - $40 per month for hosting, I want to find some software that I can make my own and host it myself

question is...does anyone know of a reasonably priced software pkg that I could look at?
Any suggestions appreciated.

jakhall

Advertisements

sunny441

sunny441

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
Hi there:

The only thing that comes to me right now, (I have just woken up!!) is http://www.pollhead.com - take a look.

I will probably get back to you in a day or two and give you more information

:tazz:

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*
I use bravenet (bravenet.com) on my website. They also have tons of other cool things for free.

sunny441

sunny441

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
Cool!!!!

I have visited that site before....its an awesome site!!!

splintax

splintax

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
Bravenet is nice for beginners, easy to use and I think it would work fine on your site.

For a real proper ad-free poll, you need to get PHP, MySQL on your server and it becomes a real pain in the [bleep].. it will also be very difficult to get this done for free.