Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Trojan.W32.Looksky Removal PLEASE!

• Please log in to reply

Drumer5194

Drumer5194

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, nice site. its good to see people fight the war against malware and viruses. We Need it

Now, my problem is that i was surfing on the internet last night.. and when i quit firefox, a pop-up came on in the lower right corner.. saying that i had a Trojan.W32.looksky. I have Norton 360, i have scanned the computer a few times, and it didnt detect anything, then i got the 30 day trial of Mcafee AntiSpyware and antivirus, and Norton AntiBot didnt find anything either. i dont know what to do :[.. 2 more pop-ups appear (seen on bottom what they say).. one for Ultimate Defender and a PCcleaner..i dont trust the source on that.. but desktop icons keep appearing for them, i clicked properties and they are URLs, the pop-ups dont stop coming!!!.. its anoying!!.. please help get rid of this virus, oh and the desktop background keeps turning to a red toxin sign saying download a virus defender or sumthing.

pop ups say:

Windows Security Alert
Windows has detected an Internet attack attempt... Somebody's trying to infect your PC with spyware and harmful viruses. Run full system scan now to protect you PC from Internet attacks, hijacking attempts and spyware! Click here to download spyware remover for total protection

(are these real or just trying to make me download stuff?)

the other says:

Spyware Alert

Security warning!
Trojan .W32.Looksky detected on your machine. This virus is distributed via the Internet through e-mail and Active-X objects. The work has its own SMTP engine which means it gathers e-mails from your local computer and re-distributes itself. In worst cases this worm can allow attackers to access your computer, stealing passwords and personal data.
This process should be removed from your system.

Type: Virus
System Affected: Windows 2000, NT, ME, XP, Vista
Security Risk (0-5): 5
Recomendations: Click Yes to remove it from your PC immediately.
(Recommendations was spelled wrong on the popup so i think its fake right off the bat)

Edited by Drumer5194, 25 August 2007 - 05:46 PM.

Advertisements

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html

o.O :whistling: