Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help!

• Please log in to reply

javi

javi

• Pip
  • 1 posts
ok well im new 2 this and im also a bad speller lol.....

i have a windows me .... and i used to have another cd burner but it broke so now i have a toshiba sd-m1502 .......

when i try to burn a cd using windows media player 9 i get this

(No devices capable of burning disks were found on your system. Please check your hardware and drive connections and try again)

it reads other audio cds and other stuffs but it doesnt burn cds....

one more thing it says using Roxio CD Burning

please help ......

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
If this is a newer burner it may not be on the recognized list of burners in your version of Roxio. There may be some way of adding it to the list. I would start by going to the websites for Roxio and the CD burner maker
and seeing if they can help. You may be able to add it by just editing a list. Also there are some forums just dedicated to burning, they will have very good info on this sort of problem. Windows ME is not longer supported by Microsoft so I doubt they will be much help to you unless they have a Knowledge Base item about it.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
If you cant find any other way, you could always take Roxio off the computer and install Nero 6 on. Nero seem to work on a wide variety of burners.

http://www.surplusco...n...Body&c=SOUT

SRX660