Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

HELP Widows XP Pro things missing

• Please log in to reply

madman29

madman29

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hi,

My PC is still working after it told me it found a disk error ran chkdsk /r which told me it had completed and repaired the errors but now all kind of things are missing or wont work.

When I open a program and minimise it its not showing on the taskbar, I have to use Windows Task Manager to maximize it, system restore will not work, Help and support wont work etc, etc.

I have pasted a hijackthis log below don't know if it will help or not or do I just reinstall xp?

Attached File  HiJackThis_log.txt   26.37KB   58 downloads

Thanks Rob.. :whistling:

Advertisements

Metahuman

Metahuman

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Go to Safe Mode please and try uninstalling MyWebSearch. Also, you do you use LogMeIn? If not, uninstall the same too.

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.