Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Earphone volume

• Please log in to reply

jerexy

jerexy

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi,
I have a problem.I'm 77 and have problems with hearing the sound coming from my earphones.Did all of the stuff to increase the sound but still have low volume from the earphones.Tried new earphones from radio shack(with volume control-KOSS)with no success.Am looking for a set of earphones that would be able to increase the volume coming from the jack.
I do have a set of wireless TV ears(from Costco-$90us)that allows me to have very loud sound while the TV is barely audible.Is there such a thing for a computer?
Many thanks,
jerexy

Advertisements

jerexy

jerexy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi,
I may be old but I am also very persistent!
After fruitlessly consulting with a number of people in stores I,luckily,came upon the solution to my problem myself. I replaced the speakers,that came with the Dell,with a cheap(20$US)pair from Circuit City(who were no help to my problem).They are made by"Cyber Acoustics" and,which is the key to solving my problem,it is an <amplified speaker system>.IUt has an adjustable volume(that will blow you away)and a headphone output jack.Easy to install.
Thank you to everyone for their help.
jerexy

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Oh good, I'm glad you got it right! I didn't know you had posted again until I found this thread just now, but I'm glad you can hear stuff now! I have a set of Logitech X-230 speakers which can go very loud, which more than makes up for my moderate hearing loss. I also have a set of Evolve headphones that seem to work loud enough for me, they have an in-line volume control also.

Any other problems, just feel free to ask.

jerexy

jerexy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Ruthandroy,
Thank you!

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts