Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop & Projector Issue

• Please log in to reply

The_Shadow_630

The_Shadow_630

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
I have a laptop connected to a projector and the projector is only showing a misaligned image. It is show in three seperate layers or horzontal lines that are not aligned as they should be to show the image it should be showing. Also, the screen does not seem to be as large on the projector as it should be to show the entirety of the image as it should be. It is connected with a standard monitor cable to the computer. The projector is a Proxima Desktop Projector 4200Z connected to a Toshiba SatelliteA105 in case that makes a difference. Completely confused on this one. Any ideas would help. I have checked the format of the signal, and the cable as well as switching to another input port on the projector. We will be trying to use a S-video port and cable rather than the standard VGA Monitor cable, but i that does not work then I am at a loss. Here is another curveball for ya'll, when the computer is starting up and the Windows loading screen comes up, it shows fine on the projector, then, once it loads to the user log-in screen, it goes to the misaligned display.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Advertisements