Sadly, my PC woes continue. I didn't choose the quick format (wanted to make sure things were done properly!) and it didn't take too long to progress but it stayed at 98% for about 20 mins and at 99% for ahbout 40 mins!! I also notice this drive chirps like there's a couple of squirrels having an arguement in there!
During the actual XP install I get 2 errors (full errors noted and can be reproduced if req'd):
1) COM+ set up error
2) Distributed Transaction Coordinates Setup Error
I passed by these. Anyway, my first port of call is to install my Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard - this seems to work. I then installed McAfee.
After attempting to install my USB card I noticed that every driver was getting "unsigned driver messages" and the bootup time (XP splash screen) was much longer than my 3 yr old Seagate 80GB drive.
I then did a Windows reinstall to see if I could fix the two errors above - they didn't appear this time around.
However, since that reinstall yesterday I have has all sorts of errors with installations (all software gets an unsigned software warning)
* MSN Messenger Live failing - windows reporting service said it was a hard drive issue
* Windows updating - Just freezes
* USB card isnt being recognised along with other things in device manager - have tried pointing to driver locations but keep getting "cyclic redundancy check" errors along with the onboard sounds and other installations.
* Turning off leads to a restart!
* Spywareblaster installed but will not run - encounters error and needs to close
* McAfee will not update - get 70% through an update then has an error and ceases
This is annoying when I have a fresh hard drive to start from (to be honest after the trial of trying to fix the old one Im close to a nervous breakdown!). Can anyone provide some assistance on the above please?
All help greatly appreciated!