Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Continuous Symantec AV Notification

• Please log in to reply

mlfloyd

mlfloyd

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi. This my first time posting. I continuously receive the following pop-up from my Symantec AV program:

WARNING!!! Your computer has been infected with a virus. Please contact your local IT department.

Scan type: Realtime Protection Scan
Event: Virus Found!
Virus name: Downloader
File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\awtqpom.dll
Computer: MARK1
User: Mark
Action taken: Clean failed : Delete failed : Access denied
Date found: Sun Aug 26 19:41:32 2007

I went to this site and followed the instructions given to another poster for running "ComboFix".
It made a difference in that the virus prevented me from performing downloads of any anti-virus programs that could have helped in removing the virus. I have been able to down load other programs since I executed "ComboFix". The problem is that I still receive the Symantec Notification.

Did ComboFix get rid of the virus, or is it still in my system? When I viewed the text log, I did see that ComboFix scanned system32\awtqpom.dll but I did not see it in the list of quarantine files and programs. Any ideas? Thanks. You have a great site.

Edited by mlfloyd, 26 August 2007 - 06:27 PM.

Advertisements