Hi Bradm and welcome to G2G. To make sure you are clean, let's run some scans.
* Click here
to download HJTsetup.exe
- Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
- Doubleclick on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
- By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
- Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
- Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
- Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
- At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
- Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
- Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
- Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
- DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
SUPERAntiSpyware Home Edition (free version) - Download
- Home Page
1. Install it and double-click the icon on your desktop to run it.
2. It will ask if you want to update the program definitions, click Yes
3. Under Configuration and Preferences
, click the Preferences
4. Click the Scanning Control
5. Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked:
1. Close browsers before scanning
2. Scan for tracking cookies
3. Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
4. Please leave the others unchecked.
5. Click the Close
button to leave the control center screen.
6. On the main screen, under Scan for Harmful Software
click Scan your computer
7. On the left check C:\Fixed Drive
8. On the right, under Complete Scan
, choose Perform Complete Scan
9. Click Next
to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
10. After the scan is complete a summary box will appear. Click OK.
11. Make sure everything in the white box has a check next to it, then click Next
12. It will quarantine what it found and if it asks if you want to reboot, click Yes.
13. To retrieve the removal information for me please do the following:
1. After reboot, double-click the SUPERAntispyware
icon on your desktop.
2. Click Preferences
. Click the Statistics/Logs
3. Under Scanner Logs
, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
4. It will open in your default text editor (such as Notepad/Wordpad).
5. Please highlight everything in the notepad, then right-click and choose copy.
14. Click close
and close again to exit the program.
15. Save the log information. If needed (still infected) paste this info along with your HijackThis log.
Please go HERE
to run Panda's ActiveScan
- Once you are on the Panda site click the Scan your PC button
- A new window will open...click the Check Now button
- Enter your Country
- Enter your State/Province
- Enter your e-mail address and click send
- Select either Home User or Company
- Click the big Scan Now button
- If it wants to install an ActiveX component allow it
- It will start downloading the files it requires for the scan (Note: It may take a couple of minutes)
- When download is complete, click on My Computer to start the scan
- When the scan completes, if anything malicious is detected, click the See Report button, then Save Report and save it to a convenient location. Post the contents of the ActiveScan report