Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Sound Card Help Please

• Please log in to reply

jcox

jcox

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a sound blaster live 5.1 sound card and when im playing music or games or anything with sound it will be playing fine then at completely random times it will slow down for about 3 seconds then go back to playing totally normal. It has done this on two seperate computers one having windows vista and the other windows xp. I have used the drivers that came with the card originally and also updated one from creative with no success. I have used windows update in windows vista and it found "better" drivers but they still had the same problem. I have tried reformatting my hard disc with same results. Wondering if maybe card is too old and just need to buy a new one or if this is an ongoing issue with this card. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will include the dxdiag file of my computer as it might be able to help.

Attached Files

Advertisements