Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

computer won't boot

• Please log in to reply

kingpod

kingpod

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi,

Replaced my board and processor yesterday:

motherboard:
EliteGroup 671T-M

processor:
Dual Core Processor E2140, LGA775

What i did first is to reformat the drive and install XP. That's already done. No problems.

The only problem now is booting. When I start the computer, it just shows a black screen. The monitor light indicator is just flashing (the yellow light beside the monitor's button).

It's not booting, no POST, nothing.
I don't know if the processor and the motherboard are not compatible..?
Or does it have something to do with he power supply?

I can turn on the computer.
The fans are running.
The lights (infront of the CPU case) are on.
The keyboard lights turn on and then turns off immediately.

It just won't display anything. I don't know if the video card is the problem, because I got the monitor to work when I reformatted and reinstalled XP. Or maybe there are times that it is working and not working?

Any suggestions please.
Thanks,

King

Edited by kingpod, 27 August 2007 - 01:00 AM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
So it's booted once and now won't boot anymore? You wiped the hard drive on this board?
According to ECS that board doesn't support the E2140 processor, and some boards don't post at all if they find a processor they can't talk to.

This behaviour can be caused by an underpowered power supply unit or inappropriate mounting of the main board so its shorted out on the back panel - that is, not moving the stand-offs from the previous board to line up with the new one.