Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer freezes! Black screen! Please Check Signal Cable!

• Please log in to reply

NazDebo

NazDebo

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I am on my girlfriends computer. I was just playing a game and all of a sudden my computer freezes and i restart computer. My screen never loads and stays black and it says please check signal cable.

Advertisements

arou402

arou402

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi
Sounds like a monitor cable might have worked loose. Shut down and unplug, plug in the monitor and re-start.

NazDebo

NazDebo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I unplugged the computer monitor from the graphics card and tried a different Graphics card,monitor,Ram,hard drive and it still did the Please check signal cable. So im guessing its my motherboard or cpu. please help!

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi NazDebo...

I does kinda sound like the mobo is having problems. Does the machine ever complete post? Do you hear a system beep?

wannabe1

arou402

arou402

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi
Yeah, I think wannabe 1 is right, mobo fried, but try using another monitor (if available) to rule out monitor failure. Just a suggestion (ignoring rule #1) :whistling: