Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Looking for good parental control/filtering software

• Please log in to reply

wilzn2

wilzn2

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
I am looking for some recommendations on some good parental control software. Specifically, I am looking for software which allows me to set individual user profiles for different individuals in my family, so that varying levels of internet access can be set based on a certain child's age/profile. Software that would allow me to either set website categories allowed or blocked for each individual, plus the ability to override the default if necessary and allow certain sites. Also the ability to set only certain website access for young children.

I did have Norton Internet Security 2006 which allowed this, but when I upgraded to 2007, the parental control does not work the same way and I can only block or allow entire categories for ALL users, not individual ones.

Anyone out there with children of varying ages (teenages down to toddlers) have any ideas?

Thanks.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Plenty of software - try Googling.
Or there's the ultimate parental software going - sit yourself in front of the computer with the children and/or move the computer into the front room. :whistling:

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Might look over this:

Parental Control Software Reviews

Some listed here at PC mag's site:
Parental Controls

Don't have any kids young enough to monitor so can't help in selection.

Ron