Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ESP NT System Service Launcer message

• Please log in to reply

azhelp

azhelp

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I keep getting a pop up that appears like a microsoft error message box, however you cannot close it
the box is

ESP NT System Service Launcher
ESP NT System Service Launcher has encountered a problemand needs to close.

How can I get rid of this... and is it for real or is it trying to infect my compter.

I am not networked to anything.

I hav not clicked on anything.

thanks.

Advertisements

BeateN

BeateN

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Could do with a little more information mate.. What are you doing/trying to do when you get this error message? Also, are there any other applications running in the background?

Cheers!

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi there to both azhelp and BeateN, welcome to Geeks to Go! It would be best off if you posted this in the XP section of this forum. If you think it's malware, try working through these instructions. And yes, perhaps a little background information would be helpful to those who offer assistance!

Cheers! :whistling:

MJF Historian

MJF Historian

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Are you running Cox Security Suite, or a similar ISP-branded product?

azhelp

azhelp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the responses... yes I am running cox security suite (switchd from McAfee)... and I guess that is the problem... do not know if there is a fix though.

MJF Historian

MJF Historian

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I recently installed Cox Security Suite and immediately noticed a number of instabilities, including the error message in question :whistling: