Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

AOL causing problems vs. better e-mail service

• Please log in to reply

devyang2

devyang2

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Since AOL insisted on an upgrade installation a month or so ago to improve AOL connectivity, my wireless connection has become very unstable, from working well to going in and out to just cutting off and I have to mess with it or reboot the computer. Prior to the AOL "upgrade" I had no such problem at all.

I cannot afford this kind of nonsense. I want to change away from AOL, remove it altogether and substitute it with the best e-mail service I can find. I really need only e-mail service, not all the bells and whistles of music, news, all the other stuff. Their storage of e-mail addresses is great.

If you were going through this switch, what e-mail service have you found to be simple to use but that also provides clever management of e-mail addresses and any kind of tools of that nature that enhance e-mailing itself?

Thanks,

Marc

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
gmail can be accessed from any computer, and has all the function of an email client. Is AOL your ISP?
Johanna

devyang2

devyang2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Dear Johanna,

Thanks for reply. No, AOL is not my service provider. I'm with TW Road Runner, however, will be getting one of those laptop cards offered by the cellphone companies soon as my provider.

By the way, I've been told when uninstalling AOL it tends to leave remains on the computer in the registry and possibly elsewhere so that it does not totally uninstall unless one goes in manually and removes remaining items. Are you aware of any sort of directions someone may have written as to how to do that?

Regards,

Marc

Edited by devyang2, 30 August 2007 - 09:49 AM.