Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System is bogging down, specially with media ...

• Please log in to reply

Victor Creed

Victor Creed

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
When I open up like a song for instance, I was doin my radio show and I had a playlist every time the system had to start a new song it would skip and jump and make it sound like I was chopping it up. As for my system everything seems to be going slower, if I'm playing a game I notice where it was once smooth running at the beginning of the game my game jumps and skips or feels like it's "lagging". I seem to take longer to open programs and boot up or shut down my system. Can ya help a cat out?? It's pretty nasty it's really bothersome. Thank you. :tazz:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
First step is to eliminate the obvious.

Visit the link in my signature and follow the guidelines in that forum...if the problem persists, return here and we'll work on the less obvious

Victor Creed

Victor Creed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
Well I was pretty sure it's not malware cause since I did the hijack logs with you all I've had the preventive stuff put on and every scan always comes back clean. Even think I did a virus scan with norton and no hits. So I'm not sure but I'll run a log again.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
OK, didn't know that. If you did it with me, I have a very short term memory :tazz:

OK, start with

start > run type
cmd
enter
at the prompt type
chkdsk /f /r

Say yes and reboot, take a walk, this will take a while

Come back.
Right click My Computer, choose MANAGE, choose Disk Defragmenter, select your drive and run that.

Now, visit the website for your computer maker and update any/all device drivers.

If the problem persists, return

Victor Creed

Victor Creed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
Will do actually started doing checkdisk but got impatient, I'll make sure to do that tonight and when I'm gone for classes. Then I'll let ya know success or not. Merci mon ami

Victor Creed

Victor Creed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
I'm having a problem finding out what the product series is.

Victor Creed

Victor Creed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
I have a Toshiba Satellite 1135-S155