Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Just a funny story...

• Please log in to reply

Transience

Transience

Unofficial Music Guru

• Retired Staff
  • 2,448 posts
So I boot up my computer this morning, log in, open up firefox, everything is great. But I see there's this new toolbar installed... it's called MyWebSearch! I remembered seeing my sister on the computer last night with this dog type thing instead of a regular mouse cursor, and thought that was strange. Sure enough, go to programs list... Webfetti (the program that has the cute little dog cursor) which comes bundled with MWS. Now before I had come to GTG and started training this infection would have taken me quite a while to clean, I would have had no idea where to look or what to do, probably wouldve had to come here for help. With my newfound malware removal skills it took about 2 minutes to uninstall, fix in HJT and reboot. I got a good laugh out of it, just seemed ironic that here was this very simple infection that i would have had such a hard time with no more than a month ago, I started cracking up. Of course my sister later responded not one bit to my admonitions about being more careful about your downloads, but such is life :whistling: .

- Transience

Advertisements