Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Freezing Downloads

• Please log in to reply

ummmm

ummmm

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hello, I have a problem with my downloads. I am operating a 2Wire Home Portal and use it with my Desktop Computer and my Laptop. The thing is, both systems used to work perfectly and had no troubles with downloads. Recently, I cannot download anything on my Desktop computer, but my Laptop still works fine.

Here is my problem: Whenever I am downloading something, first of all, the download speed is slow: only about 15 or 16 kbps compared to 78 or 80 it used to go at. Secondly, the download will only go on for a few seconds before it freezes for a good 10 seconds to 2 minutes!!! It will unfreeze eventually and then almost automatically re-freeze! This is very strange and I know it is not specifically the browser, Mozilla Firefox's, fault. This happens on any browser I try out and I am completely stumped! I have not been able to download anything at full performance for about a month now. Anyone have any suggestions? I would be very grateful for any and all help. Thanks!!!

Advertisements