Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cd drive will play cds but not read blank cds

• Please log in to reply

kellerman

kellerman

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am trying to burn a cd with Real player, but when I insert a blank cd in the recording drive the LED blinks green then goes off. Real Player still says to insert a cd. I have tried using different brands of cd r. Same result. The drive will recognize previously burnt cd's and recognizes installation disks, so it appears not to be a drive problem.

Could there be a conflct between Windows Media Player and Real player ?

What to do next ?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
CD Burning in RealPlayer is problematic. Best avoided in my own opinion in favour of Nero or similar.
Do these problems occur in other CD burning software or is it just RealPlayer?

kellerman

kellerman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neil

Last two burns I tried this morning actually worked. So whatever tweaking I did previously something worked. Fingers crosssed.

Why is Nero recommended over Real Player ?

Thanks for responding

jcox

jcox

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have had a similar problem actually. I have a dvd multi burner that is supposed to be able to burn cd's but when i insert one it just made stupid noises an would never read it but would burn dvds no problem. Anyways i bought a new cd burner for cheap off tigerdirect and it works great. To answer your question tho nero is preferred over real player because nero has bin around for quite a while focusing solely on burning software whereas real player is kind of bottom of the barrel software overall so to speak.