Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows Media player help PLEASE

• Please log in to reply

kaytee576

kaytee576

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I am having a major problem with my windows media player 11 If I try to play AVI video on it it plays the sound and has the visual colours (If you know what I mean?) Instead of the video picture :blink: any idea why? xx

PS I managed to remove the visitation now I have sound and a blank screen :help: xx

My videos are downloaded from veoh but never had this trouble till today :whistling:

Edited by kaytee576, 27 August 2007 - 06:55 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
try upgrading or reinstalling your video drivers.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You might want to install codec pack for WMP. Before downloading/installing anything, make a Restore Point and then save DLed file to Desktop. Scan file if you can with your anti-virus software.

Sometimes codecs are just part of the usual updates. You might make sure that any services that WMP 11 depends on are enabled

HTHs,

Ron

Edited by starjax, 28 August 2007 - 08:35 AM.

kaytee576

kaytee576

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
thanks all of you for your help as always, I installed the codec package and it plays my videos fine well some of them....Some videos I downloaded when i tried to play them a error report appeared and everything vanished off my screen except the back ground picture on my screen, then I found whatever folder that video was saved in could not be opened without the PC crashing any ideas why this would happen? I have downloaded from where I always do (veoh) and the files are avi format but my bleach anime plays and EVERY fruits basket episode I download gets a error report and I have tried to download them from several people incase it was them but still the same PLEASE HELP QUICK xx

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
it could be that the videos are not completely uploaded, or the upload source is corrupted... even the download may not have completed.