Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sleep in

• Please log in to reply

riadmad

riadmad

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Why can't I sleep for a long time at night and then sleep in til noon or later the next day? :blink:
Is it trying to protest against me or something? :whistling:

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Some bi-polar people have this problem.

Ron

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
You should try changing your sleep habits gradually. Because you're sleeping so late during the day, you're not tired at night. Go to bed 30-45 minutes earlier, and do something restful, like read, for a bit. Don't watch television, play on the computer, or play video games and then go straight to bed. If you can fall asleep this time, then keep gradually moving the time you go to bed. Also, set your alarm to wake you earlier in the day. If you keep moving your bed and wake time forward, your body may adapt.

Although I know a lot of us don't do this, I've read articles about sleep that say you should always wake up at the same time each morning and try to go to bed at the same time each night, even on weekends or other days you may not have to get up. If you keep a consistent sleep schedule, you're more likely to be well-rested and sleep well.

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts

Although I know a lot of us don't do this, I've read articles about sleep that say you should always wake up at the same time each morning and try to go to bed at the same time each night, even on weekends or other days you may not have to get up. If you keep a consistent sleep schedule, you're more likely to be well-rested and sleep well.

I read that too its virtually impossible

You should try changing your sleep habits gradually. Because you're sleeping so late during the day, you're not tired at night.

Like trying to get a baby to sleep through the night limit the amount of sleeping during which should be your waking hours.

Depending on your arrangements your bed room is for be for sleeping period ( well we know others but thats a conversation for another time and place )
You need to let your body and mind wind down and focus should be on sleeping. Not talking on the phone laying in bed balancing your check book.

Get yourself ready for bed make sure everything is locked up for the night, Its handy to have a simple list of the things you need to do before going to sleep such as, bring the dog in, make sure all the doors are locked, stove is off you get the picture check the items off now you have nothing to worry about and you can now focus on getting into sleep mode.

As sari said the best is to do some reading I try not to watch T.V that just gets me worked up watching the news bad idea do some reading its the best you can control it. Give yourself enough time to unwind if you want to be a sleep at 10 start getting ready at 9.

Also its handy to have a notepad and pencil next to the bed if you think of something that needs attention jot it down if you get out of bed and go downstairs get paper and a pencil you will get distracted and end up staying up and doing other things.

Keep in mind this will take some time for your body and mind to get used to be patient and work at it.

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Zolpidem my friend. Only thing that takes me down.

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
And thats helpful how ?
Are you suggesting he go and see a Dr and get a prescription ?
Hmmm wonder what the side effects are.
Yeah let me run the risk of one or more of those, Try changing the sleep patterns !

Zolpidem may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:

* drowsiness
* weakness
* headache
* dizziness
* 'drugged feeling'
* unsteady walking
* difficulty keeping balance
* constipation
* diarrhea
* gas
* heartburn
* stomach pain or tenderness
* changes in appetite
* uncontrollable shaking of a part of the body
* burning or tingling in the hands, arms, feet, or legs
* unusual dreams
* dry mouth or throat
* ringing, pain, or itching in the ears
* eye redness
* muscle aches or cramps
* joint, back, or neck pain
* heavy menstrual bleeding

Some side effects can be serious. If you experience any of the following symptoms, call your doctor immediately:

* rash
* hives
* itching
* swelling of the eyes, face, lips, tongue, or throat
* feeling that the throat is closing
* difficulty breathing or swallowing
* hoarseness
* shortness of breath
* nausea
* vomiting
* pounding heartbeat
* chest pain
* blurred vision or other vision problems

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

* heavy menstrual bleeding

I hope I don't have a problem with that one... :whistling:

LITTLELISA

LITTLELISA

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Why can't I sleep for a long time at night and then sleep in til noon or later the next day? :blink:
Is it trying to protest against me or something? :whistling:

wow you sound so like me ... i have the same problem !!!

it doesnt help we are all sat here on the net all night dont you think haha :help:

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Try reading all these replies one after another...Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

* constipation
* diarrhea

....how can it have the side effect of constipation AND diarrhea?

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Maybe you get the first one, and then the second one later?

OwNt

OwNt

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 7,457 posts

Maybe you get the first one, and then the second one later?

:whistling:

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
I would say with the second you certainly wont be getting much sleep ub\unless of course you have a padded seat :whistling:

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Bah those are there to cover themselves, in reality there is hardly any side effects and after 8 months of less than 1 hour a night of sleep, yea Ill take my chances :whistling:

riadmad

riadmad

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks oh and by the way I'm a female :blink: heh
though I think I'm already on enough meds thanx :whistling: