Posted 22 December 2003 - 07:41 AM
Posted 22 December 2003 - 11:43 AM
Check your winsock and TCP/IP stack. Here is a script to reset both of them.
Posted 22 December 2003 - 12:51 PM
Posted 22 December 2003 - 01:03 PM
There is a very common problem caused by Spyware in Windows XP, and I jumped to the conclusion without reading your original post carefully enough.
Posted 22 December 2003 - 01:16 PM
To do this, go to Control Panel, double-click the Modems icon and see if the modem is listed on the General tab. Click Diagnostics, click the COM port that the modem is connected, click More Info.
1) If the More Info dialog box is displayed without an error message and there is a series of AT commands and responses, the modem has passed a diagnostics test.
2) If the modem does not show up in the list, the driver may not be installed properly or at all, the modem cannot be tested. To do this, go to Control Panel, and double-click the Modems icon. On the General tab look at the modem listed and verify it is the correct modem.
If no modem or the wrong modem is installed (Windows 98 may detect a modem), update the modem driver:
To do this, go to Control Panel, double-click System, click the Device Manager tab, click the [+] sign next to the Modem branch to expand it, if it exists. If it does not exist, look for the Other Devices branch, click the [+] sign next to Other Devices branch to expand it.
Double-click your modem, click the Driver tab and click Update Driver.
Please reply with your results, and if not corrected we'll keep troubleshooting.
Posted 22 December 2003 - 09:01 PM
Posted 22 December 2003 - 09:19 PM
Posted 22 December 2003 - 10:21 PM
1) Double-click Dial-Up Networking. Edit the Properties of the phonebook entry e.g. MSN
2) On the Server Types tab, in the Type of Dial-up Server: drop-down box, select PPP...........
3) In the Allowed network protocols:, clear the NetBEUI and IPX/SPX Compatible check boxes selected and select only the TCP/IP check box.
Posted 24 December 2003 - 07:13 PM
Posted 25 December 2003 - 09:41 AM
Posted 25 December 2003 - 12:58 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users