Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB Problems

• Please log in to reply

kebb

kebb

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello

About a year after my first hugely successful help from GtG on viruses I'm back with another problem. I bought an iPod yesterday and after its first connection to sync with iTunes (which was successful) I foolishly removed it from its own cable without thinking that I was (effectively) removing it from the computer without using the 'safely remove hardware' icon. Now the usb ports won't work. I get a USB Device Not Recognized error message with any and all devices saying that they have malfunctioned and are not recognized. The computer has also stopped talking to the printer. I tried a System restore back 24 hours but this has not cured the problem. Is this solvable or has the hardware been damaged? I would be extremely grateful if you could assist me. With thanks in advance. Keith

Advertisements

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
you werent clear if there showing up in the device manager with yellow exclamations by them. im guessing once the p c has been restarted windows doesnt re detect them. try opening the device manager an uninstalling everyone of them. restart and then install the controllers. plug the usb devices back in and see if the issue is resolved