Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"FN" puldown menu problems!

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
whenever I used to hit the "FN" function key this pull down menu slid down from the top of the screen and allowed me to use all of the functions of the F1-F12 buttons (brightness, touchpad on/off, etc...) and it also worked when i put my mouse up to the top of the screen for a sec. but now it wont show up and all of those funtions are now disabled. I have the toshiba satellite. all the specs are listed in my profile. Please someone gimme a hand with this cuz I used all of those functions readily and they were a big help lol. I looked in windows and couldnt find any options for it. If you need any info please dont hesitate to hollar.

Thanks in advance guys.

Under the Start Menu/All Programs/Toshiba/Utilities/ there was an option to make the FN Key into a stickey key but thats about it. I searched for it in Toshiba Assist but all I found were the different functions that it allowed. Some functions are still working but others are not and some have seccondary options that can only be accessed thru the pulldown menu.

Thanks again

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Have you checked the Toshiba site for Vista drivers?
Johanna

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
I searched the toshiba website and found that the FN functions may stop working because the BIOS is only for vista and is 5.0 or higher and that I need to Downgrade to a lower model in order to get this working. But I cant seem to find the appropriate BIOS on the website for my computer. Heres the link that I found the info on... Ill keep looking around. Thanks again!

http://www.csd.toshi...kceghdgngdgnj.0