Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB Wireless issue

• Please log in to reply

ICE44

ICE44

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello

I got a new system that only excepts USB Mice and Keyboards and I want to use my old Microsoft Wireless keyboard and mouse but one of the cables on my receiver is PS2 and the other is USB. The PS2 cable is for the keyboard and the USB is for the mouse

I connected one of those Green PS2 to USB adapters to it and connected it...MOUSE works great...but the keyboard wont work.

Any help or ideas ?

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Have you rebooted with it connected?

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
hi, welcome to geekstogo,
if you know the make of the product, maybe you can go to the maker's site and see if these are new drivers for it

ICE44

ICE44

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have rebooted with it connected and its a Standard USB Microsoft Wireless keyboard

Posted Image

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
thanks, is there a maker's name on the keyboard, 0r on the back even the model type I am hoping that there are vista drivers at the site because you are not the only one to have upgraded from XP only to find that the hardware is as yet unsupported but that is not MS's fault