Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Q6600 Temps

• Please log in to reply

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
Oh yea, that is kind of odd, unless you have the room cooled to below 50F... But other than that, the temp readings look alright.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Try downloading Everest Home edition and see what it reports your temps as, also you can check in the BIOS and see what it reports as well. I used to recommend SpeedFan but I've found that it does report things a bit weird, so I don't use it anymore...

laxr3m1x

laxr3m1x

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
do you have a link for everest, and on start up in the BIOS im around 41-c

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
That nVidia program that comes with your motherboard should always be the right one to consider as it has all the specific thermal diodes, thus getting more accurate information.
James

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
http://www.majorgeek...wnload4181.html <--- Everest Home Edition, just consider it "one of many" to test...

laxr3m1x

laxr3m1x

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
arite cool.. thanks for your help guys, really appriciate it, if you have any other suggestions or something just let me know

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
Having a 680i mobo myself, I must warn you to stay away from nTune as much as possible. It is one of the worst pieces of software I have ever come across. You can destroy your mobo, graphics card, and pretty much your whole computer by using it, literally.

Anyways, Core Temp is probably the best CPU temp monitoring program. It uses a sensor located inside the processor itself, instead of relying on external mobo sensors like most other apps do.

Edited by stettybet0, 30 August 2007 - 06:59 PM.