Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Intel vs. AMD

• Please log in to reply

seanehboy

seanehboy

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm in need of a laptop and I've been throwing around the idea of getting and AMD processor. I've been pretty much all about Intel until now but I want some more knowledgeable opinions. I've been looking at Core 2 Duo (Is this the same as Centrino Duo?) and AMD Turion 64 X2. I know these types of threads usually cause arguments based on brand loyalty but I just want to know if there's really a big difference or what all the fuss is about over Core 2 Duo. Anyways, I'm a huge noob so bear with my naivete. Any help you have regarding this would be great, please post on this thread. Also, if you know of any good deals on new or refurbished laptops within the 500-1K range let me know at [email protected] or this thread.

Advertisements

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
Core 2 Duos are better in performance then the AMDs. Take a look for yourself: http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.html