Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

XP question

• Please log in to reply

loser

loser

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
I don't care if I lose everything on my computer. It's just sickening slow. Can I just kind of "start over" by using this?
Thanks 1,000,000.
I don't have the darn reboot disc or the original Windows disk. I just have the computer. That's it. What does this download thing from ebay do? Just wipe out everything and let's you keep Windows on your machine?
WOULD IT BE STUPID TO BUY THIS?
WOULD THIS WIPE OUT VIRUSES LIKE THE STUPID WHENUSAVE or whatever it's called?

EBAY item number: 330156418361
WINDOWS XP & VISTA
AUTOMATIC FORMAT TOOL

(Completely And Automatically Wipes Out The Hard Drive - Including The Windows Operating System)

Simply start the program and watch. Your hard drive will be just like new!
Description: This program not only formats your hard drive but also wipes out all data thoroughly, including the operating system. You do not have to drop off your PC anymore at a computer store, where they use the same program as in this auction and charge you up to ten times as much. With this tool, you'll save a lot of money and you can format and wipe out your hard drive all by yourself. It's automatic, easy, and convenient!
How it works:

Burn the program to a CD or copy the program to a floppy disc or a USB thumb drive and insert into your computer. Reboot the PC and follow on-screen instructions. That's it, very easy!

Works for:

almost all computers and processors. Wipes out all Windows operating systems, including Windows XP Home, Pro, Media, Windows Vista Home Basic, Home Premium, Ultimate, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows NT.

Further information:

Everyone should have a program like this. There will always be the time when you need to do a fresh install or securely wipe out the contents on the computer. With this tool, you can do it all by yourself conveniently at home. Everything works automatically.

What you'll get:

1. Software
2. English help file, showing you how to install and use the program.

Delivery:

Instant delivery via download.

Advertisements

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
If it works as described, it will completely wipe the hard drive leaving you with nothing at all on it. No Windows, nor "nuttin!"

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
In any case, it is EXTREMELY risky to buy Windows off of Ebay, or any (for lack of better term) unproven site. You may get one that looks legit, even with a "legit" key, but in actuality the key has been used and the CD very well-burned. My dad was a victim of one of those, so I know from experience...

Best thing to do would be to buy a copy of XP from a local store (while you still can!!!) and reinstall with it. It will wipe out everything (if you choose the right commands) and start "fresh". No infection at all.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
hi, welcom to geekstogo, if the computer is slow, first go through the steps for removing malware(malwre often does not show up on your screen but it still lags the system), spring clean the system too, and lastly visit the malware removal forum here because they appreciate this type of issue.

next, rethink your protection because if your combination protects wonderfully but slows down the system in protecting it is as bad as the malware itself, I won't name names

lastly, if you feel that even after the above this is not what you want, then I recommend you don't spend any money, try a live linux CD as there are many and see which one you like(that is while making sure that when running the live CD you have all your drivers) and then install or dual boot, join the forum of that type of linux and start from there, a linux distro like kubuntu is gui style, (command line days are gone), it is a learning curve worth learning, you can always return to windows if you don't like it.

Edited by fleamailman, 28 August 2007 - 11:43 PM.