Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help With Sound!

• Please log in to reply

Rifleman

Rifleman

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, I'm having some serious problems with my sound. I know this probably isn't the right place to put this but i don't really know where to put it :whistling:
The problem is that whenever i go into certain applications such as photoshop my sound seems to continue trying to make noise but nothing comes out... I do not know where else to turn, i use Benwin speakers and I use Sound Blaster live! 24-bit, I cannot figure out how to prevent this! HELP!

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
could explain this a little better.... you say it tries to make sound but no sound comes out... how do you know....

Rifleman

Rifleman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Because It Like, well i go to a music player right? and i click play the player bar goes, but no sound comes out , connection is for sure ive checked checked and checked

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Does it actually seem to be playing it... IF the indicator says the sound is playing but no sound is coming out that kind of sounds like a volume control is turned down or on mute. Since it is sound blaster live it could also be that it is set for digital and the speakers are analog or vice versa... Otherwise you may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver and the audio hq...

Rifleman

Rifleman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok its not the volume but ive made some sort of breakthrough.. everytime I go to driver tab of my Sb live! 24-bit , Rollback, Update , Uninstall that place, I can either rollback or update Sb live! 24 bit and it works for a certain bit then stops out again when i start an application of somekind, sometimes internet, sometimes music players, and games,Please help! i don't think i can uninstall and reinstall it because i don't where cd is, ive had this setup for so long i dont even remember what it looks like = /.

P.S. I dunno about Digital or Analog i just know that it has worked for about 2 years now since ive had my computer and now is choosing to not work, I hate not having sound!
Have to get my Mp3 juss to listen to music and I cant play action games because i can't hear people , (sneaking up on me , shooting at me , backstabbing me ) till its to late!!
Im a gamer so this is a problem for me = /

Edited by Rifleman, 11 September 2007 - 11:40 PM.