Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DC++ problem

• Please log in to reply

solvent

solvent

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I can't believe what's happening: I CAN`t START DC++. No idea what have I've done, so i've tried:
- uninstall/reinstall dc++ 0.674
- disable/uninstall all spyware removal (adaware/spybot removal etc)
- disable Norton Internet Security/Anti Virus

I jsut can`t believe. The program won't start. Anybody, any ideas????

Ps. Unfortunatelly the System Restore was turned off few days ago, so that won`t help me :tazz:

Ps2. I've clicked on the magnet.exe and accepted as default magnet link handler - so i've deleted everithing from the registry with magnet in it - that didn`t help either.

Advertisements

aldaros23

aldaros23

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
how bout a different program?

ARES
Limewire

both are free and spyware-free

Tidalot

Tidalot

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi I have a problem with DC++ All the seetings are correct but the search engine doesn,t seem to work iv tried a older version of DC++ but i still have that problem does anybody know what the problem is and how to correct it?

Thanx

aldaros23

aldaros23

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
oh and to use DC++ you have to connect to various networks that require you to share at least 2GB worth of music/video... just thought to add that b/c if you dont have a lot (like me) it's pretty much worthless

in all it's a very complicated program

Tidalot

Tidalot

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Yes i know about sharing i have about 180 GB of [bleep] on my computer my only problems was that when i search for something it doesn,t work
But thanx anyway

Hi I have a problem with DC++ All the seetings are correct but the search engine doesn,t seem to work iv tried a older version of DC++ but i still have that problem does anybody know what the problem is and how to correct it?
Thanx

View Post