Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Odd Mouse Trouble

• Please log in to reply

njellis

njellis

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks for taking the time to read...

Starting a few months back, at no particular point of hardware or software change my mouse started wigging out.

I have a Razer optical mouse, what happens is it will not regain focus when you click between different windows. It will however usually work within a single window. Example: Im using firefox so I can click around anywhere in firefox, but if I click on "start" in the lower left, it will not come up. If I select any other applications in the task bar, they will not come up. To get those to work, I alt tab to the window I want. THEN everything seems to work again... for a short while. It doesn't always do this, but often.

Also, sometimes the left click will become right click.
Only way to resolve is to reboot until it happens again (which sometimes is often).

I've tried changing mice, changing USB ports. I've unplugged all USB devices EXCEPT the mouse and wireless keyboard. (The mouse is not wireless). I've shut off many things from starting up to no avail. Im stumped! I've also tried changing the driver, but apparently the MS driver is the only one, Razer doesnt have its own driver, only a configuration thing.

Hardware: Core2Duo
Keyboard: Microsoft wireless
Mouse: Razor
Mobo: P4M800Pro-M
AV: Trend IS 2007

Thanks for any tips/suggestions in advance.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
with all the odd things that are happening you may have a virus or "joke program" running on their... you might want to post in the anti-virus forum...