Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Grapic card help please.

• Please log in to reply

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
hmm, you are borderline but I think it will still run. The card may not run as fast as it should but I think it will still work.

When you run cpuz under processor what is the code name? Ceader mill, Presler, or Northwood

Edited by jackflash1991, 01 September 2007 - 12:59 PM.

Advertisements

Fox07

Fox07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Hi Jackflash, we have just checked and its Prescott.. :whistling: Just ran CPUZ on my computer also and that says Prescott too.

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
Ok you are going to be running a little low on power. The computer should still run though. If you want to upgrade your computer in the future then I would upgrade the PSU (Power Supply Unit) before anything else, like the RAM.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I have a Prescott too! Mine's an Intel P4 630.

I had a 350w PSU and it blew when I added a cheap graphics card, the 400w replacement hasn't blown yet, but I'm still having some tearing and glitches in games. I'm about to swap it for a 430w Thermaltake as they're a good brand. I recommend you go for at least 430-450w.

Fox07

Fox07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Ok you are going to be running a little low on power. The computer should still run though. If you want to upgrade your computer in the future then I would upgrade the PSU (Power Supply Unit) before anything else, like the RAM.

Well we got one yesterday - he wanted the 7200 one and I showed the man at PC World the specs and he said it would work. We fitted it last night and so far so good - its stopped flashing and I have a happy 16 year old son again.. :whistling: Thanks for all your help Jackflash and everybody else who has helped me on this thread. :blink: