Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Create user profiles for windows vista

• Please log in to reply

erickp

erickp

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi

I am writing an application to copy the userprofiles from windows server 2000 to windows vista, i am creating the users that i need using net user but how can i create the profile folders?? i need to copy all the files of the user from the old computer with windows server 2000 to the new one with windows vista so the user can log in and have all his documents and his desktop like the one that he left in windows server 2000.

Advertisements

arou402

arou402

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi
I'm not too sure if this is the right place for this post (All other operating systems?) but what about file transfer wizard? Would that do it?
I know nothing about Vista, just a suggestion ! :whistling:

erickp

erickp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi

No the file transfer wizard that comes with vista doesn't work from windows server 2000, thanks anyway for the suggestion