Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

cant seem to access one website

• Please log in to reply

blindu

blindu

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hey guys,

okay so for some time, i am not able to get onto the www.9thgencorolla.com website. this is a forum, and i was in the middle of wreiting a PM to someone when BAM, when i clicked send, it would give me the cannot display webpage stuff. so i decided to wait a few days, until a realized that i kept receiving PMs and people were still getting on the website.

the weird thing is that i can still log into that website from a computer other than my house. i have a laptop, and i cant get on that website either with it. today i brought the laptop with me at school, and for a second i couldnt get on the website, but i did a system restore point, and it worked perfectly well. then when i got home and did a system restore on the desktop, it still didnt work, and then i tried the laptop, thinking it might still work from earlier, and it didnt work again!

i did cmd > ping www.9thgencorolla.com and it said that the host cant be contacted and such.

what could be causing this and how can i fix it?

thanks guys!

Lucian

Advertisements

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
In a command prompt, try "tracert www.9thgencorolla.com". Let me know the results.

Also do "ping 72.36.***.***" Let me know the results.

Edited by computerwiz12890, 29 August 2007 - 09:25 PM.

blindu

blindu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
okay i did that and took a pic of the tracert thing. it stopped by the 19th time, until then it worked very well. the ping one didnt work, it said it timet out.

Edited by blindu, 30 August 2007 - 09:34 AM.

Hurricane Andrew

Hurricane Andrew

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
It's possible that the site was down the time you accessed it. Try opening the site again.

blindu

blindu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
ive kept trying to do that. its been going on for about a week. sighhh this is such an inconvenience

Hurricane Andrew

Hurricane Andrew

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
are you able to open other website aside from 9thgencorolla?

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
I have a feeling somewhere along the line between you and the forum, there's a break in the connection. Or the data packets are expiring before they reach their destination...

Try using a proxy server and see if you can reach it: http://www.myproxysurfer.com/

Another thing to try would be to reset your HOSTS file. Download the following attachment, unzip it, and run it.

Attached File  fix_hosts.zip   771bytes   115 downloads

Now that I've seen the screenshot, please edit it out of your post since it contains IP addresses.

Let me know which of the 2 options above are successful, if any.

blindu

blindu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
with the myproxyserver, the website actually works, even though it is slow to load.

i unzipped the file and such, and ran it, but it did not work.

what does that mean?

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
It most likely means there's a problem somewhere along the connection between your computer and their server. But rather than just leaving it at that, let's go through a few more troubleshooting methods. Sometimes computers can defy logic and have an unexpected solution to an issue. :whistling:

Let's clear out all temporary internet files and reset some IE settings back to default. Open Internet Explorer and click on Tools at the top and then click on Internet Options. Under the section "Temporary Internet Files", click the button Delete Files.... Check the box next to Delete all offline content and press OK. It may take a little while to finish. When done, press OK to exit out of the Options window.

Now click on Tools and click on Reset Web Settings. Don't have it reset your homepage. Click Yes. Close IE and reopen it and try again.

If still doesn't work, Open Internet Explorer and click on Tools at the top and then click on Internet Options. Click on the Security tab and click on the Default Level button. Now click on the icon called Local Intranet and do the same thing. Click on the Default Level button for "Trusted Sites" and "Restricted Sites" too.

Now click on the Advanced tab and click on Restore Defaults. Now click on OK. NOTE: you may get certain messages while surfing that you haven't gotten in a long time, such as "you're about to enter a secure site" and such. Just tell them OK and "don't tell me again". Close IE and reopen it and try the site again.

If that doesn't work, let's try a different DNS server. Go to http://www.scrubit.com/ and click on the big "SCRUB IT" button in the center. Run their tool to automatically change your computer to point to their DNS servers. Restart your computer and try again.

If it doesn't work, and you don't want to keep Scrub IT as your DNS server (read their homepage for what they do), I'll help you change it back.

Let me know if either of these help or not.

Edited by computerwiz12890, 31 August 2007 - 01:09 PM.