Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unusual account picture behavior?

• Please log in to reply

CelestialTeardrop

CelestialTeardrop

• PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
I run XP home edition, sp2.

When I click on my user account picture to change it, select a new picture, and click "change picture" the picture preview in "user accounts" window does not reflect the changes and shows the previous picture. If I close the window and look at the start menu the new picture is there, but shouldn't it be updated in the preview as soon as you click on "change picture"? (I could swear that it updated right away before.)

Is this how it should behave?

My apologies for such a trivial question, but if anyone can tell me if they are experiencing the same thing (even if you don't know why), I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks.

Advertisements

O Town

O Town

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
I am running the same XP as you and I just changed my picture and had your same results.
After I clicked change picture you get a new screen with your old picture and it asks at the top.......what do you want to change about your user account?
If you go through the motions a second time by clicking change my picture, select your picture again it will then show up changed in that window.
I guess its some sort of glitch, but ultimately it changes whether you get the preview the first time or not.
Its not just your computer mine does it too. :whistling:

CelestialTeardrop

CelestialTeardrop

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
Thanks so much for your reply O Town!

I was starting to think some mysterious, malicious something-or-other had gotten in my system and was causing strange things to happen, but since we both have the same symptoms... ::sigh of relief::

:whistling: