Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox has a useless large bar of code in place of the bottom scroll

• Please log in to reply

Fishmonger

Fishmonger

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi all. Somehow i have lost my scroll bars in firefox. Theres definately something up with it as it has a strange bar at the bottom (in place of the scroll bar) which has random code written on it. I've re-installed it, tried different and older versions from multiple sources online, and reinstalled every hidden firefox file i can find.

It started happening after i reinstalled it, and when i first ran firfox it crashed. Now everytime i install firefox, it crashes the first time it starts up, but seems to works after that (but still with no scroll bars). I dont have a clue what it could be, i have Kaspersky antivirus on top security level so its probably not an infection. The only thing i have to go on is the error report which happens when i start firfox for the first time:

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: firefox.exe
Application Version: 1.8.20061.1023
Application Timestamp: 452c9eef
Fault Module Name: StackHash_a324
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000096
Exception Offset: 0293265a
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: a324
Additional Information 2: bf120f9ce914922963b0ddcce62130ca
Additional Information 3: 9d42
Additional Information 4: 921c8d0094c68d46ddadac06c2722807

I'm running on vista. I'll attatch a pic here of the screen i get in firefox, i dont have a clue what the code at the bottom of the browser means, but hopefully someone here might.

Attached Thumbnails

• error.jpg

Advertisements

Fishmonger

Fishmonger

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
anyone here?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Fishmonger...

My apologies for not getting to you sooner.

Do you have these same issues running the Safe Mode Firefox? Click Start, then All Programs, point to Mozilla Firefox, then select "Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode). If the safe mode version runs correctly, try a different theme for Firefox and see if that corrects the problem.

wannabe1

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Just a FYI for those who like to use the Run commands: firefox -safe-mode. :whistling:

Ron

Fishmonger

Fishmonger

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Cheers guys, that worked a treat. I was able to get into my addons, and delete them, and also cleared all my old data and cookies, and now its working fine! thanx

It must have been a rogue addon, or just a compatibility problem. I had no idea you could start firefox in safe mode!

I do however still have one more problem, on a slighlty unrelated issue, with my flash player, so as i've ur attention:
http://www.geekstogo...em-t169635.html